6 Simple Ways to Get Your Employees Excited to Work for You
Sometimes even the best managers have to think outside the box to find creative ways to motivate their team members. If you doubt even for a moment that boosting employee engagement doesn’t need to be a priority at your company, consider this statistic from a recent Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) study: Only 69 percent of employees surveyed felt they were consistently putting maximum effort into their work. So, 31 percent of people being paid to contribute each day to your business success may not be fully committed. Are you willing to live with that?
Here are six ways to better motivate your staff, enhance productivity, and continually build employee satisfaction:
- Get to know each employee as an individual. Learn what makes a person tick. Ask what they do and do not like working on, and match their passions to their projects as closely as possible.
- Set SMART goals. You probably already know the SMART acronym: Every goal should be specific, measurable, achievable, realistic and time-bound. This includes breaking larger goals into smaller, more manageable ones as needed.
- Show employees how their goals align with yours. As you get to know people, discern their individual goals and help them understand how everyone is on the same page. Show them the bigger picture and make sure they know how their role helps complete it. Demonstrate how you can meet mutual goals together and how in doing so, you’ll be investing in their personal and professional growth.
- Communicate regularly and effectively. Have an open-door policy. Be as transparent as possible about what’s happening at every level and in every area of your business. Give everyone a chance to ask questions and give feedback. When people feel their voice matters, they in turn feel confident about their position in your company and that they have more at stake than just a paycheck.
- Respect work/life balance. Support flexibility in scheduling, telecommuting, and other options that emphasize work/life balance. Encourage employees to take their vacation time. This supportive culture yields improved productivity and enhanced employee satisfaction.
- Reward and recognize. Reward individuals and teams for achieving goals. They’ll see that they benefit from working hard and even more importantly, working smart. Create recognition rituals. You may want to open every management meeting with each department recognizing someone from their team who has gone above and beyond for the company or a client. This positive feedback loop motivates employees and holds leaders accountable for recognition.
Partnering with Frontline Source Group Today!
You can achieve lasting results and continuous improvement in employee engagement and job satisfaction. We’ll help you hire, train and retain for ongoing talent management success. Contact us today to learn more.