November is a time to give thanks … showing your appreciation for those who mean the most to you. As an employer, it’s an opportune time to let your employees know how much you care about them.
Think about the unique strengths that each employee brings to your company. Then, show your gratitude in a meaningful way. Just as you appreciate your staff, their appreciation will come back to you, in the form of enhanced loyalty, motivation and engagement.
The Benefits of Staff Appreciation
A recent study at Florida International University showed that staff appreciation yields numerous benefits. As a result, employees:
- Take more pride in their work.
- Go the extra mile to achieve desired results.
- Heighten their level of ownership and commitment to your organization.
- Build stronger relationships with co-workers.
- Are more open to constructive feedback.
- Strive harder to meet performance expectations.
How to Show Your Thanks
If you’re wondering how to thank your employees in ways that will reap the greatest rewards for everyone, try these five tips this month:
- Cater a staff Thanksgiving dinner. Enlist a local caterer or grocery store that delivers meals. Do it up! This means turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie … the works … with one caveat: Be sensitive to vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free and any other special dietary needs. If you’ve failed to get to know everyone as unique individuals, well … you’ve failed.
- Give the gift of time. Maybe everyone who works at your company gets a four-day weekend for Thanksgiving. If so, try to extend it to five days. Depending on your business needs, give everyone the Wednesday before the holiday, or the Monday after off. Or, split it up. For those individuals who are crucial to operations on these days, provide a voucher for a future day off.
- Build a Thank You Wall. It’s easy – and you don’t have to actually build You probably already have a wall, or at least part of one, you can dedicate to staff appreciation. Designate it as such, buy a bunch of colorful sticky notes or cards, and write a thank-you note to each of your team members. Post them on the wall. Be sure to make each message unique by pointing out the specific contributions a person has made to your company’s success.
- Literally go the extra mile. Have a personalized gift delivered to employees at home. It could be flowers, wine, a gift card or another favorite item. Just make sure it’s personalized. Don’t deliver football tickets to someone who could care less whether the local team wins the Super Bowl or not – or send that fine Merlot to someone who’d prefer those gridiron tickets!
- Support an employee’s favorite charity. Not only does this make a difference in your community and help position your company as a good corporate neighbor, it also shows you’ve taken the time to discover what really matters to a team member.
Partner with a staffing agency in Pheonix, AZ!
As your partner in talent acquisition and management, Frontline Source Group can help you develop an effective and successful employee recognition program that works year round. To get in touch with our staffing service in Phoenix, AZ, click here. Contact us to find the branch nearest to you or read our related posts to learn more!
Tagged Staffing Agency, Temporary Agency
Published on Nov 19, 2018