Free Online Certifications that can Benefit Your Employees
As you seek to offer unique employee benefits, a simple and affordable option to add to your menu is this list of courses. By earning these free online professional certifications, your employees will add to their skillsets – which benefits everyone. They grow their careers. You strengthen your workforce as people stay current in their fields. It’s a true win-win.
A Quick Snapshot
You can read the whole list. But if you’re short on time, here’s a quick look at seven of the 41 professional certifications listed. The first four center on programming. There’s also a social media primer, an introductory overview of public speaking, and two options focused on writing. In other words, these certifications are directly linked to transferable skills that benefit professionals across a myriad of jobs and industries.
- Harvard University’s Introduction to Computer Science: When it was introduced in 2014, the on-campus version of this course was the largest on the Ivy League campus. It will help your employees learn to think algorithmically, solve programming problems, and become familiar with a number of computer languages.
- Introduction to Programming in Java: By completing this certification, your employees will become adept at developing working software that solves real problems. Although the materials are designed for students with some programming experience, as long as a person is motivated, it’s not a deal breaker.
- University of Michigan’s Programming for Everybody (Python): For this certification, lack of programming experience is no problem at all. It is designed to be a first coding class and avoids all but the simplest mathematics.
- Social Media 101: Your employees can learn the basics of social media in just two minutes a day by completing this free online professional certification. The syllabus covers everything from setting a tone for posts to understanding online marketing analytics.
- Introduction to Public Speaking: A product of the University of Washington, this certification will enable your employees to become more confident, effective public speakers. They’ll also learn to design and develop informative presentations and persuasive arguments.
- High-Impact Business Writing: This certification will help your employees learn to articulate their thoughts in a concise manner, as well as notice, avoid and correct the most common writing pitfalls.
- Secret Sauce of Great Writing: This course covers writing letters, press releases, sales emails, blog posts and more. It is geared towards professionals who seek to upgrade their written communication skills. For your business, having employees master this one will prove beneficial to improving your overall corporate messaging.
In addition to the certification courses featured above, check out additional options that amount to unique employee benefit offerings – such as learning the basics of a foreign language or becoming proficient in speechwriting, Google analytics, SEO, digital marketing and other specialty areas.
For additional ideas on educational opportunities and benefits packages tailored to your workforce, contact the expert team at Frontline Source Group.
We’ll help you design the best offerings for both current employees and prospective hires, as you build and maintain your winning team. Looking for a staffing agency in Plano, TX? Contact us today to learn more. To find the branch closest to you, click here.